According to the UP EV policy 2022-2027, EV Charging stations are likely to be installed every 25 km on highways within a 9 km radius in urban areas.
- By 2030, all state government vehicles are to be converted to electric variants.
- A total of 20% incentive of up to 10 lakh will be provided to set up the first 2,000 EV charging stations.
- The end goal of the UP EV Mobility policy 2022 is to make the state a global hub for the manufacturing of EVs, batteries, and other EV-related equipment.
Being a major hub for electric vehicle exhibitions and awards, the state government of Uttar Pradesh has unrolled its new EV policy 2022-2027, which states that the policy includes subsidies for EV buyers, exemption from road tax and registration fees, and low-interest rates on loans for EV buyers.
As per the UP electric vehicle policy, EV battery manufacturing plants, charging infrastructure, and disposal centers are likely to be built in the upcoming years.
Basically, the main objective of the Uttar Pradesh EV policy 2022 is to promote eco-friendly transportation and to encourage the public to purchase more EVs.
Also, to make the state a global hub for the manufacturing of EVs, electric vehicle batteries, and other EV-related equipment.
Along with that the EV policy also aims to create job opportunities of public employment for around 1 million people in the EV Industry.
The newly launched UP EV policy is likely to provide partial refunds of up to 15% on the purchase of electric two and four-wheelers, along with 100% exemption on road tax and state registrations.
According to the newly launched UP EV policy:
- Registration of EVs and road tax will be 100% exempted for the first three years of the EV policy’s implementation.
- Registration of EVs and road tax will be 50% exempted for the third and fourth years of the EV policy’s implementation.
The government of UP plans to install charging stations for EVs in all the commercial sectors such as shopping centers, cinemas, restaurants, hospitals, universities, petrol and gas stations, etc.
Haryana’s Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy 2022: Reveals State’s EV Subsidy Rates
Nation’s Capital records the highest numbers of EV sales in just six months
All government employees are strongly encouraged to buy EVs for which they will get paid in advance, along with the subsidies.
Also, implementation of the EV policy is likely to be done by a 12-membered committee, which will be led by the Industrial Development and Infrastructure Commissioner of UP.
A capital subsidy of Rs. 10 lakh per charging station up to 2000 charging stations will be provided for EV Charging service providers (CPO) across the state.
Additionally, a capital subsidy of Rs. 5 lakh per charging station will be provided to 1,000 battery swapping stations.
Almost 2 lakh, two-wheeler electric vehicles will receive an exemption under a budget of Rs 100 crore, allotted by the State Government. The policy aims to convert all public transport vehicles in rural and urban areas to electric.
Since the dawn of electric vehicles in India, Noida has been the hub for major electric vehicle expos and award shows, mainly in the publicly opened expo-marts, which itself is a major catalyst for the adoption of EVs in the state.
Investors and CPOs PAN India are on the lookout to witness a major change in the mobility pattern of the state.
- Best Tesla Wireless Phone Chargers for Model 3 and Model Y in 2023 - March 8, 2023
- India’s Long-Term Low Emission Development Strategy to UNFCCC: Explained - November 18, 2022
- Ola Electric showcased its S1 and S1 Pro electric scooters at EICMA 2022, Milan, Italy. - November 16, 2022