The hydrogen Fuel Cell Battery pack car is the best solution for reducing carbon emissions which makes it more sustainable, producing water as the only emission. Yet again Tesla in India is welcome to manufacture in-house.
- According to the policy of Aatmanirbhar Bharat, any brand or company can manufacture EVs, batteries, and EVs related other equipment in India.
- Dual-flex vehicle, which is likely to be economical, will eventually bring down India’s reliance on petroleum imports.
- With this update from Central Government, Tesla in India can flourish.
Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari on Oct 12, 2022, said that any company or brand along with Tesla are welcomed in India as long as they manufacture EV component, battery, and EV related other equipment in India, according to the policy of Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
Nitin Gadkari didn’t welcome any company that is likely to manufacture EV components anywhere else in the world and just use India as an EV market. Tesla has been offered a way to penetrate the Indian market under certain conditions as discussed.
“The hydrogen Fuel Cell Battery pack car is the best solution for reducing carbon emission, which makes it more sustainable, producing water as the only emission. We can acquire green hydrogen from municipal waste material and sewage water. Soon exporting green hydrogen globally is what we aspire for.” said Nitin Gadkari.
Nitin Gadkari calls attention to the dual-flex vehicle, which is likely to be economical, and will eventually bring down India’s reliance on petroleum imports.
Talking about petroleum imports, at present India imports around 17-18 lakhs crores of petrol in a year. Currently, the price of 1 liter of petrol is Rs 120/liter, and if this fuel is replaced by green hydrogen the price is likely to decrease to Rs 25/liter.
Gadkari added that there will come a time when farmers are likely to produce their own fuel, lowering the cost, and he is 100% sure about it.
Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways also said that “The green hydrogen in which all the trucks, buses and cars will operate is likely to be generated by our farmers, making India self-reliant.”
Recently, Toyota Motors launched India’s first dual-flex engine electric car, which completely operates on ethanol-mixed petrol, it is a new concept for India.
Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari recommended all carmakers shift towards dual-flex engines in the coming six months.
If the manufacturing of cars gets high and production of EVs happens in bulk, the price of EVs is likely to automatically decrease, Gadkari said on the high price of EVs.
- Best Tesla Wireless Phone Chargers for Model 3 and Model Y in 2023 –Buying Guide - October 7, 2023
- India’s Long-Term Low Emission Development Strategy to UNFCCC: Explained - November 18, 2022
- Ola Electric showcased its S1 and S1 Pro electric scooters at EICMA 2022, Milan, Italy. - November 16, 2022