Based on the International platform, the new MG Motors EV is likely to be positioned below the currently available MG ZS EV. This new EV is to be priced at an affordable range to attract Indian customers.
- MG Motors EV India’s new EV is likely to be launched for the mass market of India.
- The expected range of the EV is expected to be 300km on a single charge.
- This new EV is to be based on an international platform and will be positioned below the ZS EV model.
As per the reports last year, MG Motors EV India has been working on the manufacturing of its new EV is in process and its launch is mostly expected to be in 2023.
Recently, this British automotive company, MG Motors EV confirmed the price range of its new EV which is expected to be between Rs10-15 lakh. The company further confirms that this new EV will be based on an international platform and will be positioned below the ZS EV in the Indian market.
- MG Motors launched the new MG-4 electric car in India.
- MG motors joined hands with ACMA for EV skill development
However, further details regarding the powertrain of this EV are not revealed, the vehicle is expected to return a range of 300km on a single charge. With such a range of 300 km on a single charge, the vehicle seems to be a tough rival for the EVs produced by TATA Motors and others,
This new EV seems to be quite appropriate for the Indian market as the country still lacks adequate numbers of charging stations, thus will a range of 300km on a single charge, it can attract more Indian customers.
Considering the recent flux of EVs in the Indian automotive market, many automotive giants have already started rolling out their initial variants of EVs. Major companies are forming joint ventures to work together for the R&D in the EV sector. Along with companies, the Government of India is supporting a big time to accelerate the adoption of EVs in the nation.
- Indian Railways’ New EV Policy 2022- Largest Mobility shift so far! - October 18, 2022
- Haryana’s Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy 2022: Reveals State’s EV Subsidy Rates - August 4, 2022
- Center summons OLA, Okinawa, Pure EV: Demands reports on EV fires. - July 11, 2022