The Delhi Government launches a website to provide updated information on Electric Vehicles to EV buyers, a number of charging stations around Delhi, and new EV manufacturers in a single platform.
- Delhi government launches a website portal to provide information on Electric vehicles.
- The website provides information on the number of charging stations, the location of charging stations, and the specification of chargers.
- The transport department of Delhi is likely to update data in the portal to provide the real-time updated numbers of EV buyers.
- The website provides sales and uptake of vehicles in Delhi and also has a feedback section.
On Thursday, the Delhi government launches a website portal to provide all the required information on EV. The website provides information on the number of charging stations, the location of charging stations, and the specification of chargers.
The major reason behind the launch of this website is to provide a user-friendly and easily accessible source for all the electric vehicle-related information for the masses, which otherwise is available in a scattered form over the internet.
Speaking about the launch, Transport Minister Kailash Ghalot said, “Modernisation is important in every aspect. The Delhi government, under the leadership of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, wanted to give a user-friendly, interactive, and resourceful platform to the public and EV enthusiasts especially.
In addition to that, it also provides information on current EV models in the market, updates on EV charging station infrastructure, and many more features.
Finding a charging station is difficult these days, as each Charge Point Operators (CPO) maintain their own database in their brand apps. EV owners are tired of installing many apps on their phones to navigate to a charging station.
This web portal provides a unified solution to these problems by providing a real-time database of all the available chargers in close proximity to the EV owner. Along with the newly added chargers, the EV website also shows compatible chargers beforehand.
The “ EV Calculator” on the website gives an overall estimate of fuel savings by a particular electric vehicle in comparison to its ICE counterpart.
Taking about this feature, Ghalot said, “ It enables buyers to make a rational choice and identify the cost-effective benefit of shifting to EVs,”
The vehicle features panel offers buyers basic information on all the available EV models to choose from. Information is provided on the battery, pricing, and range of a particular variant.
The website contains the information of:
- EV models and manufacturers in the Delhi.
- Location of nearby EV charging stations and facility
- Specification of an EV charger.
- Price, Range, and brand of specific EV.
- Growing data of EV charging infrastructure.
- EV calculator and dashboard.
The database of the website is likely to be updated by the Transport Department of Delhi, which will provide real-time figures on the number of EV buyers in the state.
The website also provides sales and uptake of vehicles in Delhi, and also has a feedback section, where stakeholders can give their opinion and enlist grievances about any occurrence related to the EV ecosystem in the state.
“specifically for grievance and feedback, an auto-generated email would be sent to the provided email address of the consumer and to the official email address of the Transport Department of Delhi government,” said the Delhi government.
The government of Delhi aims to provide a user-friendly platform, information, and data like price, range, and brand of EV, charging facility, and locations of charging stations to the public, making it easier for them to purchase an EV.
- Best Tesla Wireless Phone Chargers for Model 3 and Model Y in 2023 –Buying Guide - October 7, 2023
- India’s Long-Term Low Emission Development Strategy to UNFCCC: Explained - November 18, 2022
- Ola Electric showcased its S1 and S1 Pro electric scooters at EICMA 2022, Milan, Italy. - November 16, 2022