The fourth electric car from the Mercedes-Benz series, Mercedes-Benz EQB is the electric variant of the GLB sedan. The Mercedes-Benz EQB electric SUV is offered in three variants- EQB 250, EQB300 and EQB350
- Mercedes-Benz EQB is the company’s most affordable electric offering.
- Mercedes-Benz EQB and GLB will go on sale on December 2, 2022.
- Likely to come as a Completly Built Unit(CBU).
Spotted testing in a Public EV charging station in Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu, Mercedes-Benz EQB is all set for launch on December 2, 2022, in India. EQB is based on the MFA2 platform similar to the ICE powered-GLB, and not the company’s newer Electric Vehicle Architecture(EVA).
The Mercedes-Benz EQB is the first seven-seater luxury EV and is likely the most affordable electric offering from Mercedes-Benz. After the launch of EQC, EQS-AMG, and EQS580, EQB is the fourth electric car from the company, offered in three variants.
Let’s have a closer look at the Design and Specs of the car:
Mercedes Benz EQB Design & Features
On the exterior, EQB has a design similar to its ICE counterpart i.e GLB. Some massive changes could be seen in the front bumper, grills, air intakes, and the all-new duo-tone alloy wheels. The headlights are updated having full-length LED light bars at the front and back along with updated front grills specific to EVs.
The interior deisgn of the Mercedes-Benz EQB is similar to most of the other EQ models with slight changes in the color linings. The digital instrument cluster and the infotainment screen are incorporated into the free-standing display, that comes with the all-new MBUX user interface. Apart from the physical controls for the climate control system, the rest of the functions can be accessed from the screen itself.
Mercedes-Benz EQB Battery, Power & Range
The Mercedes-Benz EQB electric SUV is offered with two battery options:
- 66.5 kWh battery pack, offerring a driving range of 330 km on a single full charge.
- 70.7 kWh battery, likely to provide a driving range of 391 km once charged.
A DC fast charger can charge the EQB electric SUV up to 80% in just 30-32 minutes.
Additionally, the electric motor power and peak torque of the three different variants of the EQB Electric SUV are:
- The EQB 250 gets an electric motor power of 188bhp and a peak torque of 385Nm.
- The EQB 300 is likely to offer electric motor power of 255 bhp and a peak torque of 390Nm.
- The EQB 350 is likely to provide an electric motor power of 288 bhp and a peak torque of 520 Nm.
Ola S1 Air vs S1 vs Ola S1 Pro Detailed Comparison: Price, Battery, Range, Speed
Massive Boost in Electric Scooter sales India: Ola & Ather Breaks Record
Mercedes-Benz EQB Price, Expected launch and Booking
The most affordable electric offering from the company, Mercedes-Benz EQB electric is priced at Rs. 70 lakh (ex-showroom) in India.
The Fully imported Mercedes-Benz EQB is all set to be launched in India by December 2, 2022 as Completly Combined Unit (CBU).
Booking for the Mercedes-Benz EQB electric SUV is open now for a booking amount of Rs. 1.5 Lakhs.
Along with the electric EQB, Mercedes India is launching another seven-seater luxury SUV, Mercedes-Benz GLB in petrol and diesel variants.
- Best Tesla Wireless Phone Chargers for Model 3 and Model Y in 2023 - March 8, 2023
- India’s Long-Term Low Emission Development Strategy to UNFCCC: Explained - November 18, 2022
- Ola Electric showcased its S1 and S1 Pro electric scooters at EICMA 2022, Milan, Italy. - November 16, 2022