IIT Madras launches Master Programme course on EVs, for the third-year student of B.Tech degree and dual degree courses. This program intends to make students job-ready in the electric vehicle domain.
- Students who will avail the Master programme Course will have the knowledge and skill of EV product development,EV integration,vehicle aggregate engineering ,communication and calibration,verification and validation,product and portfolio planning.
- IIT Madras launches Electric Vehicle program and the third year student of B.Tech and Dual Degree will also do a Master’s project in this domain as part of their degree requirement.
Alarming pollution levels and international commitments to reduce it, resulted in the implementation of several states and central EV policies for the nationwide transition to electric mobility by 2030. Major ones include FAME II and Niti Ayog, which aim to make India a major hub for electric vehicle production by 2030.
Considering the trend of electric vehicles in India, IIT Madras launches Electric Vehicle program dynamics in India to make students industry-ready in this futuristic job domain. This shift to electric mobility studies is expected to create a positive impact on job opportunities in the EV domain in India.
On 3rd January, IIT Madras launches Electric Vehicle program course. The course will be an Interdisciplinary Dual Degree (IDDD) available for the third year students of B.Tech degree and Dual degree. The course is provided to the students to build up their knowledge in e-mobility.
25 students will get admission in the program initially, and the enrolment process for the course is expected to start from January 2022 for the third-year students of B.Tech and Dual degree.
Students who will avail of this program will have the knowledge and skill of EV product development, EV integration, Vehicle aggregate engineering, communication and calibration, verification and validation, product and portfolio planning.
“The students will be undergoing core courses that will build the foundation for EV Engineering. They will, then, pursue electives in the specific area of specialization of their choice. They would also do a Master’s project in this domain as part of their degree requirement.”C.S Shankar Ram, Faculty in the Department of Engineering Design.
“Eight departments are collaborating together to induct skills necessary for the student t engineer EV. While the department of engineering design will anchor the program, it will be delivered as a joint effort from various departments. The institute hoped to have more programs with different structures in the e-mobility space ”. said T.Asokan, Head of Engineering Design Department.
Over the past, IIT-Madras has been imparting knowledge about vehicles through different online courses and seminars. The last known course was a 12-week online certification program on Electric Vehicles (EVs) and renewable energy. Considering the past efforts by the institute, the newly launched PG program is expected to create a pool of opportunities in the EV domain in India.
- Best Tesla Wireless Phone Chargers for Model 3 and Model Y in 2023 - March 8, 2023
- India’s Long-Term Low Emission Development Strategy to UNFCCC: Explained - November 18, 2022
- Ola Electric showcased its S1 and S1 Pro electric scooters at EICMA 2022, Milan, Italy. - November 16, 2022