If you have an electric car at home then you are aware of the fact the charger which comes along with your EV is actually a slow charger. Hence for a high-end vehicle like yours, one should own the best EV home chargers that consume less time and don’t require the whole night just to charge the vehicle.
So if you are wondering about what is the best home EV charger as well as the cost of EV home chargers and EV home charging stations then this is the best platform for you to enhance your knowledge.
The best EV Home Chargers and electric car home charging stations to buy:
Here are some of the best electric vehicle charging stations for homes:
- ChargePoint Home Flex ev home charger.
- JuiceBox 32 Amps Electric Vehicle Home Charging Station.
- Evr-Green e40 ev Charging Station.
- VersiCharge by Siemens.
- Morec home ev chargers.
- Wallbpx Pulsar Plus EV charger.
- Leviton Lefanev ev home charger.
- MUSTART Level 2 portable EV Charger.
- Book Engine EV Charger.
- TESLA Gen 3 Wall Connector.
SHOP ALL-ELECTRIC VEHICLE ACCESSORIES
GO TO EV ACCESSORIES SHOP HOME
Read the detailed description below for EV home charging stations :
Why buy EV home chargers for your electric vehicles.
In order to understand the importance of a good home EV charger, we must first understand the basics of EV home charging stations and residential EV chargers.
- The charger which comes along with your EV is a 120 Volt Level 1 portable charger. This Level 1 charger will deliver between 4 to 7 kilometers of range per hour.
- Another type of charger is the 240 Volt Level 2 chargers. The Level 2 charger delivers between 20 to 80 kilometers of range per hour.
- The Level 2 charger is mostly preferred by the EV owners as it is way faster than the Level 1 charger for the best home ev charger.
Hence the Level 2 charger enables the owner to save more time, which in this fast-paced world is the most valuable aspect of a human being. Also, the installation of an EV home charger qualifies for an EV home charging grant in some states.
In this blog, we will discuss the Top 10 Level 2 chargers and charging stations.
Basic points regarding EV home charger installation.
Here are some of the basic points regarding your EV home charger and electric car home charging stations. These points need to be remembered if you are thinking to buy electric car home charging stations.
- Most Level 2 chargers come in both hard-wired and plug-in versions.
- The car controls how much electricity it takes in.
- Make sure that the cable is at least 20 to 25 feet in length.. Make sure that the EV chargers are safety certified.
Best EV home chargers and Ev home charging stations:
The above-mentioned products are considered as some of the best EV chargers and EV charging stations and are currently rated under Top 10. Now let’s get into details about each of these products. Here are Top 10 EV chargers and EV charging stations in detail:
ChargePoint Home Flex EV home Charger.
The ChargePoint Home Flex is a Level 2, 240-volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station which charges almost 9 times faster than a normal wall outlet. It is one of the best home EV chargers and most popular electric car home charging stations currently present in the market.
Ecogears too highly recommend the ChargePoint Home Flex because of various reasons in the EV home charging stations segment.
Features of ChargePoint home flex EV home charger:
- While the competition among other chargers is limited to 32 to 40 amps, it delivers up to 50 Amps of power.
- It can charge any EV which are currently sold in the market.
- ChargePoint home flex EV chargers are Tesla compatible.
- It has a 23 feet cable which is pretty standard.
- It can be also connected to WiFi with an app that has the most smart-charging features.
- This ev home charger installation can be done by any local electrician.
CHECK FULL SPECIFICATIONS OF ChargePoint Home Flex on Amazon below.
JuiceBox 32 Electric Vehicle Charging Station.
JuiceBox 32 is a 32 amp Level 2 charger. It comes in both plug-in and hardwired versions. It charges up to 6 times faster and can be installed both outdoors and indoors and can be regarded as one of the best home EV chargers in the electric car home charging stations segment.
Features of Juicebox 32 Amps home EV charger:
- It is a 7.7 KW EV charging station.
- One of the prominent features of this charging station is its built-in cable rack and security lock.
- It is certified by ENERGY STAR and has a 3-year limited warranty for residential use.
- With WiFi connectivity and the free JuiceNet app, the buyer has control and can monitor the charging remotely.
CHECK THE FULL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE JUICEBOX EV HOME CHARGER BELOW:
Leviton EVR40-B25 EV home charger.
The EVR-Green e40 charging station by Leviton is highly recommended for those who own cars which has higher charging capacity such as a Tesla or Mercedes B-Class. It comes in with 40 amps of charging capacity and is regarded as a great option for outdoor installation.
Feature of the Leviton EV home charger:
- It gives a 9.6 kW output.
- It has a 25 feet long Charging Cable.
- It has an integrated on/off switch to minimize standby power.
- Leviton EV home charger installation requires a local technician.
CHECK OUT THE FULL SPECIFICATION OF THE LEVITON HOME EV CHARGER:
VersiCharge by Siemens Industry, Inc.
Rated as The Wirecutter’s “Best EV Charging Station” of 2017, the VersiCharge is a 240 Volt Level 2 charger that charges 4 times faster than the Level 1 chargers.
Features of Vesicharge by siemens EV home charger:
- It provides 20 feet charging cable.
- It comes in with 30 amps of charging capacity.
- It has a 3-year warranty for indoor or outdoor use in the best residential EV charger.
- The control panel is pretty simple with two buttons: on/off and a button allowing 2, 4, 6, and 8-hour delays.
- VesiCharge Level 2 EV home charger installation requires a local technician
- Big, curbed red and green lights surrounding the electric car home charging stations indicate whether the device is on, ready, charging, or finished.
CHECK OUT THE EV HOME CHARGER BY SIEMENS:
MOREC EV home charging stations.
It is a Level 2 EV Charger with 220-240 Volt and can charge your car 8 times faster than other electric car home charging stations available in the market.
Features of Morec EV home charging stations:
- It comes in with 40 amps of charging capacity.
- It has 26 feet long cable perfect for the best residential EV charger.
- These chargers have over-current protection, over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, leakage protection as well as overheating protection.
- It has a waterproof rating of IP66.
CHECK OUT THE PRICE AND SPECIFICATIONS BELOW:
Wallbox Pulsar Plus EV charger.
Wall box Pulsar Plus EV home charger is a 240 Volt Level 2 Electric Vehicle smart charger that can charge your EV 7 times faster than standard Level 1 charging cables.
Features of Wallbox Pulsar Plus EV home charger:
- It comes in with up to 40 amps of charging capacity in the best residential EV charger.
- It has a 25-foot long cable.
- It is UL certified and can be installed both indoors and outdoors.
- The buyers can connect Pulsar Plus to their smart devices using the myWallbox app to wirelessly control and monitor the charger via Wifi or Bluetooth.
CHECK OUT THE FULL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE EV HOME CHARGER:
LEFANEV EV Charger.
LEFANEV is a 220-240 Volt Level 2 EV charging station. It is 10 times faster than other EV Chargers which makes it one of the best home EV chargers.
Features of Lefanev EV home charger:
- Its usual accepted charge level is 32~40 Amp.
- It comes with Nema 14-50 Plug.
- It has a 20-25 feet long cable.
- Lefanev EV home charger installation requires an electrician to install.
- It is Compatible with most Electric Cars, which meet SAE J1772 Standard.
Check out the full specifications of the charger:
Mustart Level 2 portable EV charger.
Mustart is a 240 Volt Level 2 portable EV charger for home. It is 5 times faster than the Level 1 EV charger that most electric vehicles come with.
Features of the EV home charger by Mustart:
- It comes in with 40 amps of charging capacity.
- It has 25 feet charging cable.
- It is lightning-proof.
- It has leakage, overvoltage, overheats, and overcurrent protection.
Check out the full specifications of the EV home charger here:
Book Engine EV Charger.
Book Engine is a 240 Volt Level 2 charger that can charge your EV 4 times faster than the normal Level 1 charger. It’s the perfect solution for low-cost EV home charging stations in your home or office.
Features of the Book Engine EV home charger:
- The charger features a LED control box to show the charge status.
- The cable is 25 feet long.
- It comes in with 16 amps of charging capacity.
Check full specifications of EV home charger by Book Engine.
Tesla Gen 3 Wall Connector.
If you are a Tesla owner and want the best EV home charging stations experience then Tesla Wall Connector is certainly a great option for you. It is compatible with Model S, Model 3, Model X, and Model Y.
Features of Tesla gen 3 connectors:
- It is approved for both outdoor and indoor installation.
- Its usual accepted charge level is up to 48 amps.
- It comes with an 18-foot cable.
- TESLA Gen 3 Wall Connector EV home charger installation requires an electrician.
The above-mentioned are the finest EV chargers currently available on Amazon. We hope that your queries related to electric vehicle charging stations are resolved and if you want daily updates in the world of Electric Vehicles then do visit our website.
Some of the best EV home chargers are ChargePoint Home Flex Electric Vehicle Charger, JuiceBox 32 EV home Charging Station, EVR-Green e40 Charging Station, VersiCharge by Siemens Industry, Inc.MOREc EV Chargers, Pulsar Plus, LEFANEV EV Charger, Mustart Level 2 portable EV Charger, Book Engine EV Charger, TESLA Gen 3.
One can charge EV at home by connecting the vehicle to a Level1 or Level 2 charger. Level 2 chargers charge faster compared to a Level 1 EV home charger. Some of the most bought EV chargers for home are the ones from ChargePoint, Juicebox, EVR-green e40, and siemens.
Installation of EV charger for a home depends on the type of charger one might use.
For a level 1 charger, one needs to simply plug in the EV charger to the standard 120V wall outlet.
Since Level 2 chargers use 240 V running current, one might need to attach a “double pole” circuit breaker to two 120 V buses at once to double the circuit voltage to 240V.
Yes, you can charge EV at home using a level 1 or level 2 EV home charger. A level 1 EV charger can be easily plugged into the 120V standard outlet. Whereas level 2 charger installation might require a professional electrician.
The cost of a home EV charging station starts from around $150 and can go up to $1500 according to your budget and the type of charger one wants to install. The cost of a home EV charging station depends on the type of charger buyer wants to go for.
The cost to install an EV charger at home depends on the charger type. Level 1 charger can be installed at a very minimum charge, whereas a level 2 charger installation may cost up to $100 as it involves wiring and installation of the circuit breaker.
EV home charging grant depends on the state you are in. In the UK EVHS provides a grant of 75% towards the cost of installation of EV home chargers.
Yes definitely, one can charge ev with the Level 1 charger that came with the car which charges slow. But installing a Level 2 charger can charge the car faster by 2 -3 times.
- Top 10 Best Electric cars in India to buy in 2022: Check Price, Range, and Features - February 1, 2022
- FedEx to Initiate EV Trails in India: Aims for 100% electrification of its PUDs. - January 29, 2022
- Tata Motors EV: Journey of leading India’s Electric Vehicle Revolution - January 27, 2022