The Kadamba Transport Corporation (KTCL) in Goa, gets its second lot of electric buses. CM flagged off these buses during the electric mobility event organized by the Union Ministry of Heavy Vehicles.
- Goa gets its second lot of electric buses with seating capacity of 49. Goa CM flagged off these electric buses.
- These air conditioned electric buses come with electronically controlled air suspension, CCTV cameras, and emergency button.
- Goa’s CM Pramod Rawat flagged off these buses during an e-mobility event organised by the Union Ministry of Heavy Vehicles.
Panaji, December 4: Equipped with some of the advanced features like electronically controlled air suspension, CCTV cameras, and the emergency button, Goa’s Kadamba Transport Corporation (KTCL) received a second lot of its electric buses on Tuesday.
READ MORE: State-wise electric vehicle sales in India
The Chief Minister of Goa, Pramod Rawat, flagged off these electric buses during an electric vehicle event organized by the Union Ministry Of Heavy Industries.
These high-end electric buses were supplied to KTCL by the Evey Trans Private Limited, (EVEY). Earlier in 2020, EVEY received an order for supply, operation, and maintenance of 50 electric buses from Goa’s state-run transport department.
Sandeep Raizada, General Manager of EVEY said “We are happy to announce that we have completed the second lot of inspection and delivered the 12-meter electric buses to the Kadamba Transport Corporation Limited (KTCL). Evey Trans is already operating 30 buses in Goa. These buses will protect the rich ecology of Goa”.
It was stated that the newly launched electric buses in Goa have a sitting capacity of 48 seats plus the driver. Equipped with state-of-the-art machinery, the new electric buses also provide single-seat USB for charging.
Mr. Raizada further said “The electronically-controlled air suspension ensures passengers a comfortable ride. The buses are equipped with CCTV cameras, an emergency button to ensure the safety of the commuters, and USB Sockets for mobile charging,”
- Top 10 Best Electric cars in India to buy in 2022: Check Price, Range, and Features - February 1, 2022
- FedEx to Initiate EV Trails in India: Aims for 100% electrification of its PUDs. - January 29, 2022
- Tata Motors EV: Journey of leading India’s Electric Vehicle Revolution - January 27, 2022